Tuesday, June 15, 2010

DAY 5- Zion

Another beautiful morning, with blue skies and predicted temperatures in the low 90's. A quick breakfast at the hotel, then off on the shuttle bus into Zion. We had booked a private tram tour for 10 AM from the Zion Hotel. The tram took us up to the end of the canyon and back to the hotel with wonderful narration by Zack our guide. The 1 1/2 mile Riverside walk followed, then back to the Lodge for a very slow lunch. I must say that service in Springdale is VERY slow, After hurrying back down the shuttle to the Zion IMAX Theater for the 3 PM Movie, an ice cream (our usual mid afternoon treat), purchasing  a long sleeved blouse for Linda, here I am, finally checking email and working on my Blog. Philip is washing the Morgan, and I believe that Linda is as well.  I will try to post some pictures,

2 comments:

  1. I thought I had posted a comment but can't find it, so here goes again.
    It is lovely to read so much news - sorry to hear about problems with cars - hope they are all sorted out now. Everything else sounds great. I have been to Yosemite so can imagine you all there. Lots of love to all, Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so pleased the cat is being fed; I've heard of comfort eating but that is extreme!
    Sorry to hear of the problems I do hope they all settle down.
    We are off to MOG2010 in Buxton on Friday and will toast MOA5 at my birthday party.
    Lovely to have a live video chat on Skype with Phil, Ken, Pat and dear Linda and of course Bentley or was it Lola - please do it again.
    Love to you all
    Pauline and Peter
    xxx

    ReplyDelete